WEC Membership Terms & Agreements- March Update
Members. The purpose of membership is to function as a united group to bring change, in various forms, to the community and beyond. Members should not join for the sole purpose of recruiting members from this organization. WEC will plan events, facilitate opportunities, and offer special incentives for members throughout the year. WEC asks that members commit to being present as a member.
Active Membership. Active membership is set up as a 1 year subscription (12 monthly payments at the level selected). All membership benefits/offers will be active during this 12 month billing cycle. An official welcome email will be sent. This email will also include your Portal Access code and your membership code. If this cycle is cancelled, your membership will end.
Member Codes. Membership codes, if applicable, are discounts to any offered event or opportunity. Codes must be used only by the member and while the event or opportunity exists. Codes will not be applied to any sold out events or closed offers.
Monthly Dues This means that you will be billed on a monthly basis for 1 year (12 months). Your membership will automatically continue each billing cycle until you cancel your WEC Membership by emailing WEC at [email protected] . When you cancel, your membership will end.
Membership Renewal. Renewal is required at the end of the 12 month billing cycle (1 year). All membership benefits will end if membership is not renewed.
Credit card details. If you have elected to pay dues for membership by credit card, you warrant that the credit card information you provide is correct and you shall promptly notify us of any changes to such credit card information. You agree that if your credit card payment cannot be processed for any reason, WEC may suspend or cancel your WEC Membership.
Payments. WEC processes payments through Square, a third-party payment processor. We may direct you to contact Square for any processing issues beyond our platform. We are not liable for any payment processing issues beyond your monthly membership payments. No refund will be given for any reasons. Cancellation is at the responsibility of each member.
Termination. You agree that WEC may terminate your membership or suspend your access, without notice, if WEC determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that you have violated these Terms. You may discontinue your participation in the WEC Group at any time.
Submissions Terms & Agreements
Publication: Women Empowering Change (WEC), Mixed Talk Media (MTM), and BBU! Magazine will have unrestricted right to use the submitted image(s) for any purpose in all media and publication now known or hereafter discovered without compensation. WEC and BBU! Magazine will have the unrestricted right to use selected image(s) for the promotion of BBU! Magazine, Mixed Talk Media (MTM), and WEC brand.
Submissions: Stories, ideas, suggestions, essays, audio, video, photographs, related materials and any other materials of any kind submitted (hereinafter, the "Submissions") will not be returned or kept confidential. All such Submissions may be used: (i) www.wecinc.org and www.mixedtalkmedia.org (the Websites); (ii) for broadcast or publication by BBU Magazine or any of its affiliated companies or entities, including, but not limited to, Mixed Talk Media (MTM), Women Empowering Change, and BBU! Magazine social media outlets. You consent to your name and location being published.
1. The Submissions may be shared with The Producers and/or developers of the Women Empowering Change (WEC) and Mixed Talk Media (MTM), online media related programming.
2. Neither WEC, MTM, nor any of its affiliated companies or entities are obligated to use or pay you for any Submission.
3. All written submissions shall become the property of WEC and MTM, may be edited for length, clarity and/or functionality, will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality, may be shared with and used by the staff of WEC and MTM and any of their affiliated companies or entities and shared with legal authorities if WEC and MTM believes it warranted. Neither WEC, MTM, nor any party with whom WEC shares the Submissions shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any information or Submission that you submit.
4. WEC and MTM will have unrestricted right to use the Submissions for any purpose in all media now known or hereafter discovered without compensation to the provider of such Submissions.
5. By providing the Submissions, you represent and warrant that you are at least twenty-one (21) years old.
6. No Submission may contain material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, and obscene, invades a person's privacy, violates any law, any intellectual property or other property or other rights, or is known to be false.
7. By providing submissions you are granting Mixed Talk Media and Beautifully Being U! Magazine First World Serial Rights.
I am granting WEC and MTM the right to be the first to publish my submission in both the online and print issue of Beautifully Being U! Magazine along with WEC and MTM websites, affiliated social media outlets, and online platforms.