>>WEC Scholarships <<
WEC's Leader's in Motion Scholar Program awards scholarships to adults, 21 years of age or older, who are pursing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Our scholarships assists with tuition, textbooks, and student needs.
Applications for 2021 scholarships are to be submitted between January and May of 2021. If selected, awardees will be notified by email.
Awardees must enroll in the WEC Summer Leadership Academy and attend our Annual WEC Summit.
All awardees who complete the Scholar Program will receive a WEC Scholarship and a Catalyst 4 Change Award.
While we wish we could serve every need, our resources are limited. Complete the form below for consideration.
Opens January-May of 2021
- 21 years of age or older
- Make less than $65,000 per year (Proof of income may be requested)
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Provide a copy of official transcript of current semester
- Current GPA of at least a 2.5
- Submit a video essay expressing the need for the scholarship along with a brief explanation of your desired role in community once graduating
- Video should not exceed 3 minutes, be clear, easy to hear, and only feature the scholarship applicant.
- Register for the Leaders in Motion- 4Week Certificate Program (Summer June 2021)
- Cannot be a WEC Network nor iSpeak member
What happens next?
- WEC will review your application.
- Once approved, you will be enrolled in our Leaders in Motion Scholar Program and matched with a WEC Mentor who will work with you throughout the program.
- In your first one-on-one conversation, you’ll have the opportunity to: share your professional goals, walk through the Program and expectations.
- Scholarships are awarded once the program has been completed.
-Dates: June 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
-Location: 6201 Bonhomme Rd, Houston, Texas
-Class Type: In-Person
*Recipients must attend and complete all activities to receive scholarship.